Ms. Nelly was born and raised in the Midwest, then took her talents to the south in Dallas, TX and opened a mini salon in 2016.
A licensed cosmetologist since 2005 and a B.S. degree holder in Entrepreneurship, Ms. Nelly has successfully grown her brand and signature braid style. Throughout this growth, she has serviced the following high profile clientele:
- Julius Randle (NBA player)
- Mike Jones (musician)
- Langston Galloway (NBA player)
- Twins from Little Women: ATL (reality tv)
- DDG (musician)
- Aqib Talib (wife and daughter; retired NFL)
- Jasmine Luv (comedian and actress)
- Amirah Dyme (model)
- Dwayne Eskridge (NFL)
- Dominique Penn (reality tv)
- Jonathon Davis (MLB)
- Frank Martin (professional boxer)
- Peak Mill (Top YouTube influencer)
Ms. Nelly has also become a brand ambassador for EBIN New York and an affluent instructor and business consultant. Her passion for the braid industry and experience in business operations has allowed her to build a reputable business and gather the tools of success to pass along to other braiders. She also actively participates in community fundraising with an annual school supply drive and sponsorship in a local youth basketball team. There’s more to come! Stay tuned to see where Ms. Nelly’s ambition takes her next!